Barcode / Finance
Barcode Software and Fonts for Mac OS X and macOSConnectCode Barcode Software uses computer fonts (Open Type) to create industry compliant barcodes for use on Mac OS X and macOS. Different types of barcodes can be created and easily embedded into a graphics or business document. When a barcode created using a font is printed, it rasters to the resolution of the printer and will not be limited to the DPI (Dots per Inch) of an image. This allows resolution independent barcodes that meet the strictest industry requirements to be created and printed.
The software uses a highly acclaimed barcode fonts engine developed by ConnectCode. This engine has over the years helped many companies clear their independent barcode verification tests and is now widely adopted by many fortune 500 companies.
Glyn Rowling (Amethyst Mailing)
The font allows for the barcode to be consistantly sized and placed regardless of what data the initial page of the document uses to generate its code.
I have used several bar code font applications over the past 20 years and found that ConnectCode is the cleanest solution I have found.
Dr P.S. (ResMed Ltd)
The Software was very easy to install and operate.
List of supported barcodes
New GS1 Databar 14 barcode!
Why should I use your barcode software?
Industry Specifications Adherence - One of the most important factor for choosing a barcode font is that it adheres to industry specifications. We have developed and marketed barcode software solutions for many years. Our barcode software is trusted and highly regarded by many fortune 500 companies. We have also helped many fortune 500 companies clear their institution audits and independent barcode verifications. These are vigorous tests and require both expertise and experience. With each test, our products improve in terms of quality and stability. As a matter-of-fact, most of our customers are very happy and very satisfied with our products. They have also been with us for many years.
Simplicity - Ease of use has always been an important consideration in ConnectCode. The fonts have been designed in such a way that a user can even specify a barcode by keying in the characters directly as much as possible.
Multiple Barcode Fonts - Most barcodes come with a minimum of 7 different barcode fonts. On top of that, some barcodes like UPC and EAN come with human readable text support.
Industry-Proven Components bundled in the App
- Software Encoder - The Encoder helps users create industry compliant barcodes easily by automating the check digit/check character calculation, addition of start/stop characters and parity positioning. No prior knowledge or experience in barcodes is required.
- Barcode Fonts - The Open Type barcode fonts are part of ConnectCode Barcode Software for Mac.
Tutorials for Getting Started
- Setup the barcode fonts for use by other applications on your Mac
- Print an industry compliant barcode using TextEdit
Additional Tools and Utilities available for download
The following industry-proven tools and utilities are available free for ConnectCode Barcode Software's users.
- Office Barcode Formulas (Microsoft Office for Mac 2011/2016)
- Barcode AppleScripts (iWork Numbers)
- Command Line Barcodes (Mac OS Terminal)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why do I see text characters instead of barcode after copying the barcode to TextEdit?
- I am getting an extra digit in my barcode. How do I turn it off?
- How do I create an Extended Style UPC/EAN barcode that appears in a retail packaging in Excel?
- Important notes on upgrading ConnectCode Barcode Software from OS X to macOS.
Download Connectcode Barcode Lite - FreeThis is a free version known as Connectcode Lite which supports the Code 39, Industrial 2 of 5 and POSTNET barcodes.
or Download a Package installer below
- ConnectCode Lite.pkg (885KB)
- Mac OS X 10.6 - 10.11
- 5 MB of Disk Space
- For macOS users please download from the Mac App Store
Download Connectcode Barcode SoftwareThis is the professional version that supports all the commonly used linear barcodes (including all major variations) such as Code 39, UPCA, EAN13, Code128, GS1 128, UCCEAN, I2OF5, ITF14 and GS1 Databar.
or Purchase OnlineOnline Web Store
or Download the Trial below
- Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard - 10.11 El Capitan
- 5 MB of Disk Space
- macOS Sierra or later
- 5 MB of Disk Space
- Important notes on upgrading
Note : The Trial version contains limited number of barcode fonts and the generated barcodes will have horizontal lines (that do not affect scanning).
Download Windows version
- ConnectCode Barcode Software Windows version
- 08 13 2014 Barcode & Label
- Barcode & Label is a label design and barcode printing app for the Windows Store. read more
- 01 26 2012 Finance Toolkit is now Universal
- Finance Toolkit is now universal with support for the iPhone4, iPhone4S, iPad, iPad2 and iPod Touch (4th generation). read more
- 07 20 2011 Finance Toolkit for iPad
- Finance Toolkit is a comprehensive suite of touch-based investment spreadsheets and modeling templates developed by ConnectCode. Equipped with over 50 financial templates in many different categories of finance, it significantly improves the productivity of investors and analysts on financial calculation, modeling and analysis. read more
- 04 27 2011 Barcode Software for Mac
- A highly acclaimed barcode software that uses Open Type fonts to create industry compliant barcodes. read more
- 03 25 2011 Free Barcode Software for Mac
- This is a free barcode software that uses Open Type fonts to create Code 39, Industrial 2 of 5 and POSTNET barcodes. read more
- 12 15 2008 ConnectCode Animator Preview
- This is a preview release with the automatic animation effects generation and the fully integrated Designer tool. read more